Questions you should ask?
- What are the realistic use cases for our organisation?
- Are there new cryptocurrency-driven offerings that we could provide?
- How will extreme changes in valuations or volumes (5x-10x) impact the strategy?
- Does management have an effective system in place to model, manage, and balance risks and opportunity cost?
- Is internal audit equipped to offer independent assurance of the technology, policies, and controls?
- What are the legal and regulatory guidelines, and how will the organisation monitor emerging regulatory considerations?
- Has management given proper consideration to the global nature of cryptocurrencies?
- Is management aware of the tax framework and implications?
- Is the company prepared for unforeseen exposure to cryptocurrencies?
10.Has management considered the technology and security concerns for cryptocurrencies?